How much time do you spend doing what you do in your business?
You know what you have to do; service your clients, attend and conduct your standing meetings, administrative and operational tasks, answer emails, annual projects, sales, marketing, etc.
Do you know which of these will move your business to the next level? Will any of them? I mean, you’re doing them all now but with no significant change. The point here is, it’s not just what you do, it’s when you do it and how you do it.
Which activities do you spend the most time doing?
Where are you spending most your time, do you know? Do you have data? How does what you do everyday relate to what you want for your future?
This is the manifestation of working IN your business and not ON it...
What are the signs you are working IN the business?
- You’re not making a good enough living, not paying yourself
- You want to grow/scale but don't know how or can’t seem to get there
- You have run out of ideas around improving the business or you need help with you ideas
- You lack focus and procrastinate when executing things that are not day to day routine
What activities will bring you what you want?
- Knowing what’s next and how to do it
- Having better organization and planning skills
- Acquiring more business knowledge and ideas around the business
- Making sacrifices today to succeed in the future
- Achieving focus for better success
The excuses to NOT work your on the biz
- I don’t have time --I’m too busy
- Too many client interruptions
- I’ll get to it later
- I don’t need to write it because I already know it
- I’m above it --I got this
- I don’t want to be held accountable
- I don’t want make it part of my routine
- The changes to do it are not acceptable to me
The answer is…. you can’t do this alone, you will need help, and lots of it!
Help comes in many different forms when moving your business to the next level. It can be from any of the following; your family, friends, partners, employees, team, bank, investors, bookkeeper, mentors/advisors and most of all from those who get it and actually know how to succeed, yes those are called business coaches.
Download the INFIX Vision & Strategy Guide
A worksheet to walk you through the process of writing your own mission statement.
If you're ready to stop working IN your business and start working ON your business, download this step-by-step worksheet to walk you through developing your own Vision & Strategy plan.
By the end of the exercise, you'll have a clear mission statement with a construct analysis guide on goals you need to achieve to make your vision achievable and successful.